Leading global cardiology expert Dr Ralph Birkemeyer from Germany visited Midlands Medical Centre (MMC) Private Hospital yesterday – hosting a Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) workshop on a state of the art cardiac intervention known as Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) revascularization. Birkemeyer collaborated with local Cardiologist Dr Sanjay Maharaj in performing three successful CTO procedures MMC’s Midlands Heart Centre, which involve the use of specialised wires, balloons, stents and other devices used during heart procedures. The patients, including Johanna Van Rooyen (60) from Vryheid and Loganadhan Govender (68) from Pietermaritzburg, were overwhelmed with excitement and gratitude. Maharaj and Birkemeyer also exchanged ideas about the latest cardiology interventions at the workshop.
- MMC Hosts Royal Hospital for Stroke Workshop
- Diabetes Day and Wellness Day at Midlands Medical Centre (MMC) Private Hospital!
- Vacancy – Catering Manager
- MMC, Royal Hospital & A-Team Ambulance Service at the 2018 Save Orion Race
- MMC hosts its 30th Staff Dinner & Year-End Function
- Vacancy – Stock Controller
- Vacancies – Auditor & Junior Auditor