Midlands Medical Centre Private Hospital in Pietermaritzburg, is currently leading the city in maternity and newborn care. We are a family-centered health care facility offering an accessible, safe and efficient health practice for the birth of your baby. More than 1000 deliveries are performed each year by a Professional team of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. We offer in house, free ante-natal classes and a well baby clinic, run by a highly skilled midwife and Sister, to clients delivering their babies at our Hospital. We are committed to providing you with the best possible care for you and your baby and our maternity unit is a home away from home offering a caring practice and serene environment for the birth of your baby.
- OUR BABY CLINICS HAS TEMPORARILY BEEN MOVED TO THE MATERNITY UNIT – 4TH FLOOR
What do we have to offer?
- Free gift for the baby, which includes a nappy bag, informational booklets and product samples.
- Antenatal Classes and Well Baby Clinic are available Free of charge to Midlands Medical Centre clients.
- Two or three bedded private units, all with on-suite bathrooms
- Executive Suites
- Fully equipped delivery rooms for optimal care and comfort for you and your baby.
- Efficient and individual nursing care provided by professional midwives
- Particular care and attention is given to meals and snacks.
- Rooming in facility
- Foetal non-stress test
- Resident Dietician
- The busiest and most popular maternity unit in the City with more than 1000 deliveries being performed at Midlands each year by a professional team of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians
Anti Natal Clinic
The day of your babies birth will be the most memorable of your life. To ensure that you are physically, mentally and emotionally ready for this special day, we at Midlands Medical Centre offer free Ante Natal classes for all the moms who give birth in our hospital. The Childbirth education classes are hosted every Wednesday evening, by a skilled Midwife, who is now the Mother and Child Educator at MMC.
Each course lasts six weeks and partners are encouraged to attend and become involved in the educational classes. The classes include valuable information, breathing and relaxation techniques, videos and much more. For those not able to attend evening classes, we also offer daytime classes and a free once-off consultation, to answer specific questions you may have about childbirth.
As mentioned previously, all of this is Free of charge, should you deliver your baby at Midlands Medical Centre.
Well Baby Clinic
After the birth, we encourage you to bring your baby to our Well Baby Clinic for regular weight checks. All standard vaccines/ immunizations, as well as information regarding private vaccines are offered at this clinic. The clinic is also run by the Mother and Child Educator and has proved very beneficial for the moms and babies. The clinic is held four times a week. The cost is R20 for each visit.
Kindly book your slot with the Maternity Ward, by calling 033 341 5044 / 033 341 5031 / 033 341 5087.
Clinic Times are as follows:
- MONDAY: 8am – 11am
- TUESDAY : 1pm – 4pm
- WEDNESDAY: 8am – 11am
- THURSDAY: 1pm – 4pm
- FRIDAY: Closed
Births Registrations are done every Monday on the 4th floor with the Home Affairs officials from 1:15pm-2:15pm.
What do we have to offer?
- The only Private Hospital in KZN with an Oscillator Ventilator
- Free birth announcement in the local paper
- 5 Bedded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 2 Isolation Beds
- 21 well baby cots.
- Highly skilled and trained Neonatal Intensive Care Sisters
- Assistance with breastfeeding and emotional support.
- Health education and demonstrations.
- Immunizations at birth.
- Kangaroo care nursing encouragement
Kindly view the following document, which provides a list of what the requirements are from our Maternity and Nursery Wards
- MMC observes 2017 World AIDS Day
- MMC honours Staff at 2017 Annual Awards
- MMC hosts Public and Staff Wellness Day, in commemoration of 2017 World Diabetes Day
- MMC supports Community Chest and children with Cerebral Palsy
- Showcasing Midlands Heart Centre
- MMC Supports Ikhwezi Primary School in Sobantu
- MMC Celebrates World Trauma Day