Casualty and Emergency Services
Our Casualty Unit provides a 24 hour service for all medical emergencies, ensuring prompt and efficient treatment for patients, with the support of our onsite Casualty doctor service
We offer a fully Halaal accredited catering service for all patient dietary requirements and pride ourselves in our a-la-carte menu, specially designed by our in-house Dietician, offering a variety of meals to our patients, incorporating the different cultural needs.
Our Pharmacy offers a full dispensary service to the hospital, providing all medication and surgical requirements for our in-patients. The operating hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 18.00pm; Saturdays from 8.30am – 14.00pm and Sundays and Public Holidays from 9.00am – 13.00pm. A registered Pharmacist is on call at all times to attend to any emergencies.
We have two resident Physiotherapists on our premises at Midlands Medical Centre providing full physiotherapy services. Should you wish to contact them please contact:
Shanaaz Essop : 033 394 7390
Jitesh Gopal : 033 397 0686
Resident Registered Dietician
Our registered Dietician is also available to consult and guide patients with special dietary requirements, free of charge. Special advice is also offered to the family to assist with post discharge practicalities for the patient.
- Coverage of MMC Doctors Academy meeting, in the PCB eBizBlitz
- MMC hosts Surgical Safety Open Day and Training, in conjunction with Jehu Industries and BD, among others
- MMC School Outreach initiative at Silver Heights Secondary School in Northdale
- Ms Lalbeharie celebrates her 87th Birthday at MMC
- MMC bids farewell to long-serving Catering staff member, Zeena Devi Pillay
- MMC hosts CANSA Shavathon
- MMC hosts Annual Pregnancy Awareness Day (2018)